Care of Instrument
- Never leave tuning key on pin without a hand on it
- gStrings Free Android App
- iStrobosoft Paid Apple App (What is a Strobe Tuner?)
- Higher toward column, lower toward knee block.
- Tune whole harp daily, prior to each practice session.
- The most important thing for developing internal pitch is to play on an instrument that is tuned.
- Tuning only takes 5 to 10 minutes if the instrument is tuned regularly.
- Changing Strings
- A broken string is not a reason to not practice
- 1st, 2nd octaves: yearly
- 3rd, 4th octaves: every 2 years
- 5th octave gut: every 3 years
- Bass wires: every 2 years